Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Am I the only person

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why can't these things be shared? @_@ I mean, it's not like they are *promising* they will happen, i don't think it would hurt anyone to mention a few things Darren was thinking about doing or WAS doing. I don't think i would mind the "our" in "our plans" if it meant everyone helping Darren out musically at the moment, but i have a feeling it's more like "Darren&Me" kinda "our" *s*

    that shirtless pic does look a bit tawdry :X LOL

    I still wonder how much of Leo getting her current and past jobs was because of actual talent and what was because Darren is friends with her O_o

  2. #12
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Sorry Michelle, only just opened this thread and I just vented about this *dairy* in the other thread.

    I have always found her writings to be condescending.....not funny! Once again just my opinion because I don't know her. (I have gone back and read the Affirmation diaries)

    Just wanted to add something else, on reading it again, I feel like I'm being addressed as a teenybopper 14 yo! While I do believe most of Darren's fans are mature women just like her.

    and one more (wish my brain and fingers were co-ordinated today...damn medication) that topless pic is urghhhhhh!

    My after thought: Feelings about Leonie's diary are not isolated, maybe feedback should be getting through to the fanclub? As frustrated as I feel and am grateful for somewhere to vent I don't like whinging behind their back so to speak. Takes the next week to compose a *rational* email to send...

    Time to disconnect and leave the computer room and make the best of a beautiful sunny day!

    <font color="#000099" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 07:30 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

    <font color="#000099" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 07:40 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  3. #13
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ccccff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Itsme Jo:
    I haven't received mine yet so can't really comment but I have had snippets pm'd to me today and found what I read very annoying and it did nothing to stop my confusion.

    Jo xx
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Here's some of Leonie's words from her diary:

    "The problem with downtime and our ongoing discussions about Darren's future during the downtime, is that I cannot share our plans for the aforesaid future with you guys......YET! There are a lot of really exciting things happening behind the scenes and all will be revealed as they come to fruition."

    I find her to be unnecessarily secretive and HELLO what is all this with "I cannot share our plans..........." !!!! Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh *runs screaming headlong and rams self into a brick wall* She's controlling him and his career yet again. I thought a Manager's job was to advise and support not control and command!!

    As for the next paragraph about "I'm sure you would all prefer the photos to the news!........ so this really isn't a consulution prize is it!" (note sp mistake in D-Zine) I find that extremely patronising actually!! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    The symbiotic nature of their relationship is irritating and I think probably not that healthy to his career in the long term.

    Janie xx

    <font color="#000099" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 12:17 PM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Itsme Jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh God...I don't like what I've read so far.
    Patronising? Very...! Controlling? Very...! Bad for his career? Very...!
    Thanks Janie...and I see we're no closer to getting any answers.
    Jo xx

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *shakes head* it doesnt surprise me that she would say something like that... so condescending. She has a superiority complex.

    she is a big contributor to the alienation of fans. She is Noones idea of a PR. Look at the hash job she did on the split.

    She loves to brag to us and make sure "we" all know she "knows" Darren and we are mere scum of fans

    Kat

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh and forgot to mention..the pic is tackarama and soo not a look Darren wants to go for.

    plus NOOO we dont want pics.. a bit of music news is always something worthwhile
    Kat

  7. #17
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    LOL @ 'tackarama'!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    It's not my cuppa tea either [img]wink.gif[/img] lol

  8. #18
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    I am coming to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe she was partly responsible for the split up of SG in the first place (not the only reason I know, because Daniel wanted to do other things). I think she may also be partly responsible for the perceived split in the fanbase, especially after that statement she issued after SG split up. She certainly doesn't help to make things feel inclusive. It's no wonder nobody else is allowed to get anywhere near Darren. She seems to demand total exclusivity where he is concerned. She has already admitted that she could never work for anybody else or have quite the same relationship that she has with Darren. All in all, not a very professional stance IMO.

    I do not like the patronising, condescending way in which she treats the fans or talks down to them in articles such as this latest missive from the D-Zine mag. In fact I think she may be encouraging the teeny-bopper element of his fandom because she finds older women more of a threat - ie they question things and have opinions of their own and do not necessarily accept and agree with the mentality of the stuff which they are currently trying to spoon feed us atm!

    Quite frankly she insults our intelligence with her style of PR!!

    Janie xx

    <font color="#000099" size="1">[ March 25, 2003 09:46 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

    <font color="#000099" size="1">[ March 25, 2003 09:48 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yep Janie she does seem to want to lower the mentality of the fans

    remmeber that email she wrote maggz.. "rally the troops" and all that.. OMG so patronising


    Kat

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As frustrated as I feel and am grateful for somewhere to vent I don't like whinging behind their back so to speak.
    *****************

    I don't like doing that either, but we all know what would happen if I said these things anywhere else. I feel like I've already got a reputation as a "bad fan" and I don't intend giving them any more ammunition.

    Michelle

    xx

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •